I woke up today at 6am, after many months of trying. I used to be a morning person, but erratic work schedule meant erratic timings of everything. I am just happy today! I got a lot of things done today. Anyway, let’s get to the point of this blog.
- I easily completed both workout sessions.
- I prepared tomato bath with red rice today. I keep forgetting that I don’t like it. I think I am still fixated on the delicious one-time tomato bath I had about 15 years ago that my friend’s mom had prepared. We used to share and eat lunch when we were in college. Recipe is at the end of this post.
- I did read today, but not much.
- And I wrote a marvelous horror story today called ‘Cuteness.’ Yes, horror stories too can be marvelous.
- I tried watching Tangerine, a movie. I tried watching it thrice. I couldn’t watch it even for half an hour. I just don’t want to talk about it.
- Tea of the day was Samahan.
Recipe of tomato bath: If you are using white rice, no need to soak it overnight. I used red rice that I had to soak overnight. Drain the water in the morning. Heat refined sunflower oil in a cooker. Add cardamom, clove, cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin seeds. Add sliced onions to saute. When the onions start turning translucent, add chopped tomatoes into the cooker. When the tomatoes are cooked, add rice and slit green chillies into the cooker. If red rice is used, add water 3 times of the rice quantity. If it is normal white rice, then 2 times is enough. Add salt as per your taste preference and stir well before close with the lid and adding weight on it. Let it cook for 3-4 whistles if white rice is used, for red rice 6-7 whistles will do depending on the quantity. Allow the pressure to be released after stove is turned off. Tomato bath will be ready to eat.