Today was neither good nor bad. It was meh!
- It was rest day for arms. So, only abs today.
- I didn’t get a chance to read the book today. 😦
- Breakfast and lunch was pulao made of brown rice with potatoes and green peas.
- Movie of the day was The Lorax. Watching this movie made me wonder how close it is to the reality. Just because it is an animation movie, I guess nobody takes it seriously. All people can talk about is Contagion. O’Hare of The Lorax reminds me of Edna of The Incredibles. But she was good.
- I wrote a short story titled ‘The River and The Vessel.” Another convoluted and repulsive story.
- Tea of the day was Kashmiri Kahwa.
Recipe of brown rice pulao: Soak the brown rice in water overnight. Drain the water in the morning before cooking. Heat refined sunflower oil in a pressure cooker. Once heated, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Then add sliced onions and fry them. When the onion slices start to become translucent, add ginger-garlic paste, chopped potatoes and green peas into the cooker. Once they are a bit fried, add chopped tomatoes. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the soaked brown rice grains, slit green chillies and water three times the quantity of the brown rice taken. As the water starts to boil, add salt as per your taste preference, give it a stir and close the pressure cooker with it lid and the weight on. Let it get cooked for 10-12 whistles. Brown rice takes a lot of time and water to get cooked, even after being soaked. Turn off the stove when you think the intervals between the whistles are long and the steam of the whistles are drying up. Let the pressure release. Brown rice pulao is ready to eat.