Today was a fruitful day. Got even more things done and kinda dusted.
- I finally finished reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. What a delightful read! Watch out for my book review on We Read That Too!
- Today’s breakfast and lunch was pulao made with soya chunks, capsicum and potatoes. I love soya chunks.
- Movie of the day was The Iron Giant. A good one time watch. I thought the Iron Giant would die, but it didn’t even after dying. Do you get it?
- I wrote one more creepy story today. It is called “Today Is Not The Day.”
- Tea of the day was my favourite so far. Chamomile tea. Again, two cups.
Recipe of Soya Chunks-Capsicum-Potato Pulao: Better to soak soya chunks overnight in refrigerator and boil for 2 minutes next morning to have better texture. Slice onions. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Once heated, add cumin seeds and other whole spices: bay leaf, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and mace. Add the slice onions. Just as they start to turn brown, add ginger-garlic paste and sliced capsicum. Peeled potato, chop and add that too to the cooker. Add black pepper powder as per your taste preference. Add chopped tomato. Once the tomato pieces are cooked, add washed and drained white rice. To this, add water double the quantity of rice i.e. rice:water=1:2. Add salt as per taste preference. Give them all a stir and cover with the cooker lid and place the weight on it. After 3-4 whistles, turn off the stove. Let the pressure be released before you eat it.